How to pop a cloud

"Popping the Clouds" is a blog created to dream. Imagine a world where dreams could come true, and clouds could be popped like balloons. Tell a story, write a poem, share a recipe, talk about your ideas. Mention your latest book, a song, a sentence, a dream... Feel free to fly and reach the "popping clouds".

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

San Francisco

Picture taken in San Francisco, California
Today someone read me St. Francis of Assisi.
I listened and couldn’t believe my ears.
How could a man who was so fond of things
Never have looked at them or understood what they were?
Why call water my sister if water isn’t my sister?
To feel it better?
I feel it better by drinking it than by calling it something –
Sister, or mother, or daughter.
Water is beautiful because it’s water.
If I call it my sister,
I can see, even as I call it that, that it’s not my sister
And that it’s best to call it water, since that’s what it is,
Or, better yet, not to call it anything
But to drink it, to feel it on my wrists, and to look at it,
Without any names.
Fernado Pessoa, portuguese poet (1888 - 1935)

4 comments:

  1. The Water that flows through my blood flows through my sisters blood. It flows through us all. We are all sisters and brothers and water is also a sibling. I love this poetry. Thanks for the comment about the Inauguration. It was a fantastic time. I was finally able to upload the pics to my slideshow in my sidebar if you want to see the enormous crowds. Thanks again!
    -Antibloggedy-

    ReplyDelete
  2. **Leram-me hoje S. Francisco de Assis.
    Leram-me e pasmei.
    Como é que um homem que gostava tanto das cousas
    Nunca olhava para elas, não sabia o que elas eram?

    Para que hei-de chamar minha irmã à água, se ela não é minha
    irmã?
    Para a sentir melhor?
    Sinto-a melhor bebendo-a do que chamando-lhe qualquer cousa –
    Irmã, ou mãe, ou filha.
    A água é a água e é bela por isso.
    Se eu lhe chamar minha irmã,
    Ao chamar-lhe minha irmã, vejo que o não é
    E que se ela é a água o melhor é chamar-lhe água;
    Ou, melhor ainda, não lhe chamar cousa nenhuma,
    Mas bebê-la, senti-la nos pulsos, olhar para ela
    E tudo isto sem nome nenhum***

    WIIIIIIINNNNDO!!! :)

    Miss u Bem* Muahhhh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em relação ao teu Vpet...
    Cm tás na terra do tio Sam e do Ronald MacDonald... Achei McPinto aka McChicken GIRO! LOL

    Ainda bem k gostaste :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. McPiiiiu. Poesia portuguesa bem, sempre :))

    ReplyDelete